Thursday, November 5, 2009

liver dream

i've been known to have strange dreams. I woke up having a really strange dream that seemed to last the entire night (when in reality I'm sure it only lasted a minute or so).

I went to the doctor for something I can't remember, and they told me that in my scan they found a spot on my liver.
I was to have immediate surgery today. 2 Doctors that I work with a lot in the ICU were going to perform the surgery, one being a cardiologist, which I didn't understand why he needed to be there since it had nothing to do with the heart. There was also my co-worker Ana at the bedside. I was really concerned with them seeing me naked and then having to work with them on down the road and them picturing me naked. I was also really worried about ending up on a ventilator and that I needed to be adequately sedated if I was placed on a vent. I was put out for the surgery and I woke up with my mother lying on a gurney next to me. She had a piece of liver cut out of her heart (don't ask) and she had a midline abdominal incision, while my doctor had made a mistake about my scan and I only had laprascopic little holes.
I had to miss work the next few days, and I was put in the hospital but I had to go to "therapy". "Therapy" was a broadway play that I was to sing this song by Whitney Houston:


Those of you who know me, know I like to pretend I can sing, but will probably never sing in front of a big crowd. I never finished the dream... I can handle getting part of my liver taken out, but singing that big of a song in front of a crowd... yikes.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so going to sell your liver on the black market...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it sooooo much when you sing that song. It's one of the reasons my life is so wonderful! hahaha

    Sorry about your mom's heart/liver.

    ReplyDelete