Sunday, November 8, 2009

Groceries

I went grocery shopping today, I was in desperate need of groceries. As some of you know, my work has not had many patients so us "unexperienced" get called off a lot. My check before this last one... let's say was much less than needed. So for the past 2 weeks I've eaten sandwiches or cereal, unless I've gone to my parents or friend's parents (Thanks Dancy). I'm not complaining, because I know I am very blessed that I am able to eat and I actually have food. I have heard from friends that are teachers in a town not far from here who have children who have peanut butter and bread every night for dinner & don't have water to bathe. Don't get me wrong. I am VERY VERY blessed.

Anyway, my last check was a much needed relief. I enjoy being able to afford food, buy gas to go places, and pay bills on time. It soothes me. I hate being in debt. Sooooo I went to Homeland to buy groceries, and it only cost me $50.00 for food that will probably last me 3 weeks.

I decided to make spaghetti tonight with lots of onions, because I love onions... I do. I'm not that great of a cook, I don't pretend to be, and I don't like to cook either. I CAN make some mean chocolate chip cookies. (No, not the store bought ones either!) My brother got all the cooking genes, he LOVES to cook, and I hate to admit it, but he is a good cook. Although he does make some spicy stuff that I can't stomach.

My spaghetti was okay, but I made enough for work tomorrow night too, so I'm happy. :)

One last thing, I noticed I was thinking in blog speak, it worried me.... but then I thought, "I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this."


By the way.. these little boogers are good stuff. It's a great alternative to a huge carton of ice cream, where you end up eating the whole thing and gaining 394 lbs. It's tasty and it only costs 1.00. I like. (Yes it's backwards, I took it on iPhoto and it made it that way.)




1 comment:

  1. Great. Thanks for sharing the ice cream tip. Now all I can think about is ice cream and it's 8:21 am. Crap.

    ReplyDelete