Wednesday, June 1, 2011

all the single ladies

People ask me on a daily basis, it seems like anyway, are you married or have a boyfriend?
The answer is no.

There are many reasons why I am still single and I am honestly okay with that.
Some people find it hard to believe that I am okay with being single.
I am.  
Every now and then I'll get a pity look when I answer no, and then a reply of, "Oh that's okay, it'll happen."

Yeah, I know it's okay, but thanks for validating that.
annnnnd
No, you don't know that it will happen.


A few reasons I'm single:
- I'm very independent, I don't handle the "where are you going? when will you be back?" sort of thing very well.
- Commitment scares me.
- 80% of single men are douche bags. (Not all... I did give 20% leeway)
- I've had some bad dating experiences.  (I know I can't let one ruin it all, and believe me, after some of the dates I've had it's amazing I haven't become a nun or something.)

It's very tiring explaining to people why you are single and I seriously get asked it all of the time.
I just smile and say, "Nope, it's just me and my dog."
I know I probably come off as a crazy dog lady, but it usually makes people stop asking questions.

I'll try to remember to share some bad dating stories every now and then on here... 
Hey. I can't give up all my tricks at once.

2 comments:

  1. I think people are just surprised that someone so beautiful and so cool hasn't been snatched up by one of those wonderful 20%! But I will introduce you to people as a crazy dog lady whenever we are together from now on (we should get together!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love being single! There are so many that are miserable in the place God has them. You enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete