Monday, January 17, 2011

My Top 25 Workout Songs

When I'm listening to music to workout I am either running or on the elliptical.

For me, it has to have a crazy good beat for me to workout and not get bored.
Some of these songs I don't really listen to unless I'm working out.

Don't judge me.  I will definitely have a guilty pleasure songs list coming up, so there will be enough judgment to go around there. I also included the time just in case you wanted to download any of these to add to your playlist.

1. Satisfaction - Benny Benassi: It has a great techno beat.  Kinda makes me want to do the robot on the treadmill and then break out my glow sitcks. (I'm just joking, I don't have any glow sticks.... at the gym.) (06:31)

2. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas: It has a lot of energy, and a catchy chorus.(04:12)

3. Jawbreaker - The Dead Weather:  This is a different type of workout song.  This is a band with Jack White and while it's not a typical workout song, it keeps me energized.(02:58)

4. Like a G6 - Far East Movement:  You can bet you will hear this song on the radio, as it is overplayed.  That being said, it has the ideal workout beat. (03:38)

5. Power - Kanye West:  I am not Kanye's biggest fan, but my dislike for him does not take away the fact that he does put out some pretty good songs.  This song is not kid friendly. It is a motivating song with a constant beat. (04:52)

6. Bulletproof - La Roux: I don't know how to describe this song.  It's pop-ish but also has a mechanical background beat.(03:26)

7. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga:  Rah Rah Ah Ah Ahh I can't deny that I'm a Lady Gaga fan.  She puts on a great show and has catchy music.  This is one of many songs of hers I workout to.(04:54)

8. Telephone - Lady Gaga & Beyonce:  Between the fun tempo and Beyonce's ghetto rap, this song keeps my stride fast. (03:41)

9. Buzzin' - Mann:  This is a newer song with an old school beat.  I can't place it, it's either from the late 80's/early 90's but I recognize it. (03:16)

10. Pass That Dutch - Missy Elliott:  Also not kid friendly.  This brings out the gangsta side of me, I just like it. (03:48)

11. The Way You Move - Outkast:  I think most people know this song.  I think this song or at least the beat has been in multiple movie soundtracks. (03:54)

12. Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna: I am also a Rihanna fan.  She's one of those girls that doesn't use Auto-Tune and if she does it's rare.  She also doesn't make me want to punch my eardrums out when she tries to sing live.  (04:27)

13. Rude Boy - Rihanna: NOT kid friendly.  I just love this beat.  It has a memory to it as well, (nothing to do with the actual lyrics), just a funny time.  (03:43)

14. Music is The Victim - Scissor Sisters:  Not kid friendly.  I love the Scissor Sisters, they always the most interesting rhythms and fun lyrics (usually not kid friendly as well) (02:58)

15. She Wolf- Shakira:  I wish I could dance like her.  Sometimes I try to.  On the treadmill.  It doesn't work out too well. (03:08)

16. Back In Your Head - Tegan and Sara: Not really a typical workout song, but I just love this song that it keeps me going.  It does have a beat to it, not that fast so I use it during my "taking it easier" periods. (03:01)

17. OMG - Usher: Another song you'll hear on the radio 8 times in a hour.  However, it's good stuff.  Best believe. (unsure)

18. Check It Out - will.i.am & Nicki Minaj: Not kid friendly. Despite the fact they both use auto-tune, it's a tolerable auto-tuned song.  It's a great song as far as workout rhythm. I only like the songs she does with other people, not her own songs.  (04:12)

19. Ugly - Bubba Sparxxx - Not kid friendly.  My friend once played this 3 times in a row accidentally because it has the same beat all the way through.  It's definitely a one time a workout song. (04:30)

20.  Acceptable in the 80's - Calvin Harris:  Calvin who, you ask?  This song is off of the first Just Dance for Wii.  I liked it so much that I downloaded it and workout to it on a regular basis.(05:33)

21.  I Like That - Richard Visson & Static Revenger: All around a good beat, I'm not even sure what they are talking about.  Every now and then it cuts in a futuristic slow motion pace.  I'll take it. (02:23)

22. It's Tricky - Run D.M.C.:  I'm bringing it old school. (03:05)

23. Spin Spin Sugar - Sneaker Pimps:  This is a Techno song, but I absolutely love everything about it. (04:41)

24. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai:  The song that Napoleon Dynamite danced to.  You know you love it. (05:33)

25. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake:  He's last on the least, but you can't deny that Justin Timberlake is talented, although I tend to prefer him on SNL than anything else.  (03:56)

2 comments:

  1. Take a guess how many of your workout songs match my list of my workout songs ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I just now saw this comment.. I'm pretty sure we have the same list, huh?

    ReplyDelete