Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ohh yeah! Cupcakes Yeah!

If anyone ever watches the Jersey Shore, which I'm ashamed to say that I do, know what my title is from.

I love to make cupcakes, and I recently bought a book with different cupcake recipes.  I'm going to try to make cupcakes twice a month and post how it turns out.  The people at work are going to love me with this experiment.

This time I made "Christmas Cupcakes"... which is basically chocolate cupcakes with cute Christmas-y sprinkles.

Please don't judge my crappy camera/photos.  A new sharper camera is on my To-Buy once I get a raise or something?

a mess.


Dexter enjoyed sitting at my feet and barking at the blender.



Finished Product


A better view of the cute cupcake liners



Recipe:
The cake part is just a simple box cake mix plus I added a little chocolate pudding in it.  I don't normally use box cake mixes, but it's what I had for the moment.  I'll be doing recipes from scratch according to the new book.

Frosting:
I made the frosting from scratch using the Hershey's recipe on the back.  In case you don't have a Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa, here is the recipe:

6 tablespoons butter softened
2/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups confectioners' sugar (The recipe calls for 3 but I used 4 1/2 to make my icing stiffer)

Cream butter in a small mixing bowl. Add cocoa and sugar alternately with milk. Beat to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla extract

I used a large 1M tip to ice the cupcake.  I used to have a lot of cake decorating tips, but I lost them in all my moving that I've done over the years.  I'm sure I'll be getting more very soon.





1 comment:

  1. YUM! I have a great idea... The boys and I can be you taste testers! It would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete