Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 6 P90X complete


Week 6 p90x

I just wanted to say that I am so excited that I am still doing this.  I’ll be honest… when I first started this workout, I didn’t think I’d last long.  Most people that I’ve talked to that have done this workout say that they did it for a couple of days to a couple of weeks and got bored with it.  They also don’t believe that I do it without a partner to keep motivated.  Since I have such a crazy schedule, that wouldn’t be possible anyway.   I don’t want to sound conceited or anything, but I am proud of myself.  I’m allowed to be proud of myself… right? 


March 15th
Day 36//Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps   (&Ab Ripper X):
 I write down how many reps I do on each exercise and what weight I use like he says to.  It was weird today because I did less on some exercises and then I did a crazy amount more on other exercises.  I need to start posting how much I do on some of them at least.  I was doing some side push-ups (I think that’s what they were called) It’s where you do a push up, then you do a yoga move where you do a one-arm side hold with the other arm in the air.  I was on my fourth rep and my left arm just completely gave out on me.  Tony Horton always says, “Do your best and forget the rest” well apparently that was my best, because I could physically do no more.  ----- Ab Ripper X went well.  I’m feeling stronger and stronger.  If you also feel out of shape when doing this exercise like I did to begin with, it gets easier.  I still have trouble don’t get me wrong, but just stick it with it and I promise you will be able to do more and more reps!

Day 37//Plyometrics: This workout consistently kicks my butt.  My arms are sore from yesterday’s workout, so luckily there was no strength training today.  I was wiped out at the end, but I did the 3 bonus one-minute drills.  I bought a heart rate monitor; they say you can burn up to 600 calories doing this workout.  I bought it after I did this workout so I will have to wait until next week to get the accurate reading for me.  However, I will start wearing and using it for the rest of my workouts.  I should’ve got it to begin with, but like everything in this program, I’ve slacked.  

Day 38//Back & Biceps (&Ab Ripper X)  This is the easiest workout for me.  On some of the exercises I upped my weights to 8 lbs. 
Ab Ripper X: When it comes to “fifer scissors”, I’m on the brink of tears. 

Day 39//Yoga X: I did more of the last part of this workout.  Who in the world can do the “Wheel” besides those crazies on there?  I did about 45 minutes of this workout.  I just can’t complete the entire workout….I just can’t.

Day 40//Legs & Back (&Ab Ripper X)  I’m doing more pull up reps, but it’s still with the chair!  This leg workout is bulking up my legs.  I’m not really sure if I like that so much.  My legs are getting bigger and my jeans are getting tighter.  However, it is bulking up my booty, which I can deal with.
Ab Ripper X:   I was able to do all of the In & Outs without stopping.  That’s a big thing for me.  I still hate “Crunchy Frog” and I have to take rests with that still.

Day 41//Kenpo X- I did Kenpo X today.  It actually got my heart racing in some exercises.  Afterwards I did 30 minutes of “Just Dance” on the Wii.  That game is so fun.

Day 42//Rest- I took my rest day in the middle of the week due to work.  I don’t think it matters what day you take your rest day, does it?

My appetite is increasing, which isn’t a good thing.  I don’t really feel like I eat a lot of junk food.  Days are a blur to me, I need to start logging my food again.  I’m contemplating doing Weight Watchers again.  

2 comments:

  1. You totally deserve to be proud of yourself! I'm proud too; If you come visit some time I'll make you a cookie (low-fat, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Brandi. I can only do 30 minutes of cardio a day plus some crunches and push-ups. Boy is it hard to stick to a program huh? I am counting calories and this is my 10th week, I have lost 24 pounds so far, but I have a ways to go.
    Keep up the good work, you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete