Monday, March 8, 2010

john mayer


John Mayer was AMAZING.  I am so glad I got to go. My dream was for him to play MJ’s 
“Human Nature” like he did at MJ’s memorial service.  It didn’t happen.  Anyway, he played almost a 2 ½ hour set.   I could have sat there all night and listened to him play the guitar.  Some of the songs he played were:
#Assassin                  #Perfectly Lonely                  #Gravity
#Don’t Stop Believin’                   #Ain’t No Sunshine
#Why Georgia                  #Good Love is On the Way

At the end of the encore he sat his guitar down on the floor and just played for about 15 minutes.  It was seriously magical.  My heart stopped.

//
I love the lyrics to “Perfectly Lonely” on his new album Battle Studies.   I feel like it describes my life right now.  Everyone is always trying to set me up with someone because they feel that I am unhappy if I’m alone.  I am happier than I have been in a long time.   I am at a point in my life where I know someday I do want to get married and have kids, but just not right now.  I know it’s not the right time for me.  It would be unfair to whoever I was in a relationship with.  I have also been getting comments that I’m “too picky”.  Can you honestly be “too picky” when it comes to finding someone you will spend the rest of your life with?  Marriage is not 
something I take lightly, and that is why I am focusing on myself at the moment… I wouldn’t be giving my whole heart to that person.//

had a little love but I spread it thin
falling in her arms and out again
made a bad name for my game ‘round town
tore out my heart, shut it down

nothing to do
nowhere to be
a simple little kind of free

nothing to do
no one but me
that’s all I need

I’m perfectly lonely
I’m perfectly lonely
I’m perfectly lonely
Because I don’t belong to anyone
Nobody belongs to me


I see my friends around from time to time
When their ladies let them slip away
And when they ask me how I’m doin with mine
This is always what I say

nothing to do
nowhere to be
a simple little kind of free

nothing to do
no one to be
is it really hard to see why

I’m perfectly lonely
 ‘cause I don’t belong to anyone
and nobody belongs to me


and this is not to say
there never comes a day
I’ll take my chances
And start again
And when I look behind
On all my younger times
I’ll have to thank the wrongs
That led me to a love so strong

I’m perfectly lonely
‘cause I don’t belong to anyone
and nobody belongs to me

that’s the way, that’s the way, that’s the way that I want it



1 comment:

  1. Good post. Thanks for once again making me wish i would have been there. I too am at a new place in life. Staying home with kids makes me happier than going. Weird.

    ReplyDelete