Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 3 P90X Complete!

I’m sorry this update is so late!  I haven’t been around the internet to update!  I’ve been writing it daily on Microsoft Word, so I’m about 4 or 5 days behind what I actually say on here.

I was slacking for about 4 days, no excuses really… I did have 3 really hard nights at work, but I still needed to do my workouts.  So I started back my day 15 on Sunday, and so I will be a little behind.

FEBRUARY 21st
Day 15: Chest & Back -  Even with me skipping 4 days, I am still stronger than I was.  I’m still doing pull-ups with a chair, but when I try to do one without a chair, I get higher than I ever have before.  I think that says a lot about how awesome this program is.  This is my second least favorite workout, just because it’s so dang hard.  I was actually able to do 3 really good dive bomber pushups, and I was able to do some “man” pushups, but not a lot.  I still depend on girl pushups on all of the pushup sets, but it’s getting easier.  I look forward to the coming weeks where I can do them like the P90x people do, or close to it.
Ab Ripper X-  I can tell my abs are getting stronger.  I’m not getting wiped out as fast as I was.  I am doing more reps on each set and it’s amazing.  

Day 16: Plyometrics – Soo hard.. I do like the leap frog squats though.  That’s all I can really say about this workout: It’s a killer.

Day 17: Arms & Shoulders – I continue to love this workout.  I’m doing more reps than before.  
Ab Ripper X – Done. That’s all I’ll say.

Day 18: Yoga X – I don’t remember what workout I said was my least favorite, but whatever I said… I change my mind.  This workout is soooo long.  If it was a little shorter and if I didn’t dread the 1.5 hours to come, I think I could tolerate it.  There are about a billion downward dog/plank/vinyasa(spelling?) at the beginning, and while it strengthens you and it IS P90X, it’s too many.  I didn’t finish the whole thing.  I got about 45 minutes into it, and I was so exhausted/bored I turned it off.  On the positive side: I opened the door and turned off the heater, which in turn helped me to not slip on the mat from my sweat.  Attractive.

Day 19:Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X –
I felt this more than I did the last 2 times.  I think it’s because I’m not wussing out as quickly and I’m doing more reps.  I was flexing my legs in the mirror, and they are more defined than they were.   

Day 20: Kenpo X – I liked this better than I did originally.  I still don’t think it’s as hardcore as the rest of the CDs, but it’s won me over a little bit.  

Day 21: Rest – I counted my 4 days as rest so I technically didn’t take a rest day on the 7th.  

I weighed in the middle of the week and gained a pound.  I’m still eating well and cutting down on the sugars.  I know it’s probably just muscles, but I got so discouraged, I decided not to weight until day 30 (technically day 28).  I can’t believe I’ve made it 3 weeks into this program.  My shoulder muscles are starting to be more defined, and I can see some definition in my legs & back too.  Hopefully the measurements & pictures will tell more than the scale!  If I get brave, which is doubtful, I may post pics… but as I said, that’s doubtful.  
Yay!   I went scrubs shopping today and in the same brand I usually get, I went down one size on tops and bottoms!  I know you’re thinking, “It’s scrubs, that doesn’t really say anything about weight loss... they’re made to fit comfortably and stretchy”  Well, it does say something and not all are stretchy!   I mean if all scrubs were the same, everyone would be able to fit into XXS scrubs.   That’s not the case, so let me enjoy my moment.  
(I’m also not saying I fit into XXS scrubs either… I would look weird if I was XXS.)

No comments:

Post a Comment