Monday, November 29, 2010

Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on?

Isn't it amazing how a song can take you back, back to a memory... A moment in time that was either good or bad, but for some reason that song and in an instant it was stamped in your brain.

Delta Dawn by Tanya Tucker...  One of the songs I would always put in my cassette player and sing for my mom & dad, and for my brother even though he hated to hear me sing.  It also reminds me of my High School Spanish teacher.  One time in class he started singing it.

Does anybody use Myspace anymore?  I think it's mainly used for music nowadays.  I got on there today for the first time in probably 4 months. I'm not really sure why I have an account.  I wonder when the next new thing is going to come into play and facebook & twitter will be booted out?

Speaking of booted, has anyone heard that song "Toot it and Boot it"?  It's got a catchy beat, and I'm pretty sure it's a song about a guy who takes girls home from clubs, sleeps with them, and kicks them out.  I could be wrong though, for the longest time I thought it said, "That's what I do to them booties".
Not the most clear lyrics.

I don't know how many songs I sing that I assume they say one thing and I really don't care to look up the lyrics, and it's way off.  I had a friend in college who thought on Alanis Morrissette's song "Ironic", when it says, "and who would of thought, it figures"... she thought it said, "and who would of thought, it's the earth."   My other friend thought the song by Ke$ha started out saying, "Wake up in the morning lookin' like P. Diddy" when it's actually "Wake up in the morning feelin like P. Diddy".  We teased her that she woke up one morning and yelled, "Aaah I'm a black man!".

Anyway, whether or not you like Ellen Degeneres, misheard lyrics always reminds me of one of her jokes from her show "Here & Now".

Skip ahead to about 2:39 and it's where she talks about it. So funny...


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see a fellow Stratford blogger! Haha. I know exactly what you mean about lyrics. I have this distinct memory of this corny Disney channel thing, back in the early 2000's when they played songs by Nsync and stuff, and people could "go online to the world wide web" and comment, then it would stream at the bottom of the TV.
    ANYWAY, one girl that was featured by doing this on the Disney channel thought that in Britney Spears song "Oops I did it again" instead of saying "And I'm sent from above" that it actually said "medicine from a dove." HA! And on some song that's out now (can't remember the name), I thought it said "soap in my eyes", but it said "open my eyes." Weird.
    Sorry, I know that was SUPER random, just saw that you blogged on facebook, and I always like it when people check my blog so I thought I'd comment!

    By the way..You're totally right about "Toot it and boot it," I had to look it up. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete